Monday, July 23, 2012

Yuletide (Christmas) in July Winners!!! Dorm Contest

Here are your 10 winners!


Each winner receives

1 Wysteria Villa & Extra Castle Space Elixir
10000 Crowns


Luis Thundersword
Christmas Present
    I choose present Christmas , because we don’t have to focus the Christmas that already passed or in the next Christmas, if we want to have a great Christmas we have to live the present to the max. I wanted to represent a town with joy and happiness celebrating the Christmas with family and friends. The second picture with the snow man and the wizards represent that the Christmas is not about gifts or food, its about having a good time with the people we love. That is what Christmas is about!

Diana Icepetal

Sick of the summer heat, I pulled out my favorite red winter gear and portaled to Wintertusk. 
With my spider Sparky leading the way, we happened upon something extraordinary hidden in some ruins.  An enchanted Christmas in July was in full swing- but rather than the toys BEING the gifts, the toys were giving gifts to each other!


David Fireblood

The Christmas yet to come
  I choose to decorate my dorm room with the time traveling theme just like in the Christmas Carol with Ebenezer Scrooge (Me) when he just traveled in time with the third Christmas ghost, the ghost of the Christmas yet to come. In the picture we can see Ebenezer Scrooge in front of his own grave begging to the ghost of Christmas future for a second chance to make things right for Christmas. I wanted to recreate the scene of the dark cemetery in the winter night of Christmas with the snow and the fog around the graves.

Amber Moon

Tiki Yuletide
My dorm represents a couple's trip to The Floating Land in Celestia, where they stayed in a tiki log cabin for winter break. Their room is a mixture of tropical water-mole land and a wintry yuletide spirit.There is a table set with fresh coconut milk drinks and a campfire with a floated breakfast pan making eggs for a tasty meal.The couple crafted many things for their cabin, so there is a housing crafting station to show their mastery of the arts. The whole room is warmly lit with natural lighting and fires. At the door, two tiki statues greet visitors with friendly snowmen perched atop their heads.

Kiley FairyRiver

My dorm respresents a Christmas in July theme because it shows my wizard returning from her questing to see that Felix Navidad has showered her humble abode with mounds of snow, candy canes, and Christmas trees galore.


Michael Dreamblade

An Early Christmas Celebration

Is it Christmas time already? Well, it appears to be in Michael's house. He has set up all the Christmas decorations that he could find. The decorations range from Christmas trees to holiday wreaths to presents under the tree. Michael even went to the extent of building his very own snowman in his house! He sometimes likes to lounge out on his royal sofa and feel like a king or sit by the fire in his big, comfortable chairs. Michael has the toy train all set up for some children to play with right next to the beautiful Christmas tree.

Kymma Jade

Here is my Christmas in July. Santa Claus and his wife, Mrs Claus, are on vacation on some secluded island. After all they do need vacations in-between winters to recharge their batteries. They have brought along Rudolph and a bit of home with them to brighten up the island.Poor Rudolph needs a break from flying around the world, so he's happily running around on the sand.They have also added presents to the Christmas evergreen tree and games such as Tic Tac Toe. They also have decorated the Palm Trees in a Christmasy fashion. And while here,they also have created a Sandman that they have brought to life with their magic! Here Santa can breathe a sigh of relaxation, but the Claus family has to be careful while swimming because sharks are in the water. Maybe Santa can charm the shark into a nice shark?Who knows? And yes, Santa Claus brought along some milk and cookies. A perfect day in paradise can't go without some!
Gavin Trollblood
My dorm shows the life of Old St. Nicholas in the off-season. It seems as though no one reminded Santa there would be a Christmas in July! Because he works so hard year-round, he’s refusing to work. Instead, he’s on a private island sipping coconut milk and eating island cookies (he needs to gain back his pot-belly). He has set down his suitcase from traveling the world, sat himself in a comfy chair, and has been there ever since. Enjoying his nice vacation, Santa leaves all Christmas duties to be carried out by the elves! Isabella, the reliant, angelic elf, takes charge by making toys ranging from board games to trains or bobble heads to teddies for beds. Not only that, but Isabella also makes sweets like peppermints and candy canes. While trying to get through to this cranky Santa, Isabella wraps all the presents and sets them on a boat going to the North Pole. Hopefully Santa will be prepared for a traditional Yuletide.


Anna
My dorm looks like an old traditional place to stay.  I used mostly wood inspired furniture since they are charming pieces that gives a natural appearance and slightly weathered look. It is decorated with old musical instruments, stone fire place, clocks and I used wood plank wall papers and tiles to add a homey feeling which reminds me of days with my grandparents. I included wall paintings of nature to signify time that passed by which added a classic look. 



Roslyn RavenSong
It's only July but the Elves are hard at work making toys for all the wizarding boys and girls of the spiral. Roslyn has been assigned by Santa himself to watch over the evles as they make, inspect and wrap all the toys! She has even flown in snow from Wintertusk just so that the Elves are right at home!



Congradulations to all the yuletide in July winners.

26 comments:

  1. Paige these are absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for hosting this contest. These entries do show everyone that a dorm room can be amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That is what this contest is all about. A dorm room can be so much more! wait till you see the time travel ones. ;)
      You are so very welcome!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to all the winners :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i know People may of ask this question but when are the time travel winners going to be said. I really hope i win. Thank you for the contest Paige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judges and myself are working very hard to get the Time Travel category winners out asap.

      Delete
  4. Woah! These are awesome! Congrats to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Those are some wonderful dorms. HUGS to everyone who won!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to all the winners. this is an awesome contest paige! I dont envy you picking the winners. All the winning Christmas ones are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were really cool Yultide themed dorms! I wonder who will win for the time travel theme! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. everyone is so creative xand i thought was creativex

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do they get their dorms so big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not bigger than any other dorm room. Any dorm can be made to look like these. Check out my blog post dorm decorating 101 pt2 It should help.

      Delete
  10. Wow, I wish I had thought of some of these. My favorite was the beach one, that was so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing entries:) you guys chose decorative winners:) I was like she chose time travel and Yuletide early and found out it was yuletide one's. But these were amazing entries. My idea was a snow man a Christmas tree and some presents. Horrible entry for me thank goodness I didn't send that entry in. You guys might know me as Blake Battlethorn or orange24 from central. Wonder what next years theme is?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats great dorms =) I wish I win good crowns and the pack in the time traveler theme =) Wish you all good luck =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol this inspired me and I sold my wooden cottage and bought more furniture and decorated the dorm looks amazing now =D Also thanks for giving away 5000 crowns to everyone who participated in the Yuletide christmas theme =) You helped me with those crowns for the first time i was in Oasis and Crab Ally,Firecat ally, Colossus Boulevard, and Cyclops lane those zones look awesome and if I win something in the Time traveler theme also buying Wysteria then =)) I can't wait Oh and one question. In the hawk rider pack do you get those stuff that come and chose 5000 crowns or membership or it comes without chose 5000 crowns or membership??? (^_^) anyways THANKS SOO MUCH Paige =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When will the other dorm contest winners be announce?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I WON!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I hope you liked my role as Evenezer Scrooge in the Christmas Carol ^_^ I really had a lot of fun decorating my dorm XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm I sent in a entry and didnt get crowns. wonder why? same thing happened to me entering a contest at legemds but there, i was the only entry, so i guess i wasnt good enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you sent an email to me? I have sent out all codes to the email of the entry. All entries got a special gift of 5000 crowns

      Delete
    2. Asking for something in a nice manor goes a very long way.

      Delete
    3. I just checked my emails sent out your code mail was sent out on Tue, Jul 24, 2012 5:14 am To the email you provided with your entry.

      Delete
  18. Hi Paige,

    I know its kinda late to post on this but I've been going through past blogs (cause I love your site!) and I was wondering how some people got water and sand in their dorm?

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade