Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wizard101 Guest Poster-Calamity PixieShade


Life's a garden.  You gotta dig it and make it work for you. ~Joe Dirt

Many times when I decorate my houses I'd often wish I could add a bit more personality to the room.  I intentionally seek out animated items for some movement or I use mannequins to give the room a more lively feel, but sometimes times my rooms still feel empty.  Plants with their fun personalities and movement are the perfect solution.  Ever since Roger the Shrubber was introduced in Avalon with his Second Spring spell I have been wanting to make a gardening plant themed house, but real life put those plans on hold for a while.  When the new treetop getaway house was introduced I knew it was time to try.  I mean where else would plants live but in a treehouse?


When I started my project I had a few questions and concerns.  How on earth would I get the energy to put all those plants in second spring?  How could I take care of all their needs with out spending a small fortune?  Grub Guardian was the answer!  Using the Wysteria maps I stocked up on Wyverns Hoard packs (for the greenwarden energy gear), energy elixirs,  and Moolinda Wu packs.  Using these items and a bit time I have transformed my treehouse into a fun animated plant haven.



The second spring spell allows you to freeze plants permanently in a mature state once they reach elder.  That means there are no longer any needs to take care of and you can use them as a decoration.  Most of the time I see people use this spell to give their gardens a permeant like, but freezing a plant in  the right area can really bring a house to life. Anyone else keep thinking, it would be really fun to put some couch potatoes in a living room scene?  My treetop getaway has over 60 plants frozen in the second spring state.  The plants are in every sort of scene from a mundane living room, to a classroom, a western saloon, a zoo, a garden wedding and many many more.  This house is currently available on the housing tours under the magical category. Look for Treetop Getaway by Calamity PixieShade.




I hope you all enjoy enjoy it and are inspired to add more plants into your homes because they really are quite fun.

~Calamity PixieShade

13 comments:

  1. Calamity's house is one of the best in the spiral! The screenshots don't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say... wow! I hadn't heard of the second spring spell before, but after reading this I am sorely tempted to create my own "plant house". Calamity's house looks amazing from the screenshots, and I'll definitely be giving it a look under the housing tours.

    - Sarah Dragonheart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to help.

      Delete
  3. Oh for the understanding of the knowledge of how to put plants in such wonderful places. I have seen the tutorial but my brain just can't wrap around it. Guess I just have to muddle through and actually do it. I am more of a kinetic learner that way. :D
    Wow so beautiful and the amount of time and gold invested is phenomenal.
    You have created true beauty and a way to make others giggle forever. What a gift. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I played for many hours trying to figure out how to move the plants around the first time but once you have the hang of it, it will go smoothly.

      Delete
  4. Can you move the plants after using second spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no you can't. You need to have the plant in place where you want from the moment you plant it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Calamity, I went to visit your house and it's absolutely beautiful. Can I ask a question? How did you make certain plants to have its plot disappear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You noticed that :D There is a glitch known as "floating seeds" that allows you to remove the pot. You must use a pot, not a plot so this cannot be done on plants that require a large plot as of now. (Also it should be noted that you used to be able to sink a pot below the ground, and then remove the pot, but this glitch hasn't worked since May 2014, you can however get around this by building under the house if you wish. I am hoping this glitch will eventually be restored.)

      Anyway I'm rambling How to remove the pots:

      Plant your seed in the pot

      Use the rug glitch to move it out- (I use a tatami mat, you hover it between the dirt and the pot (Do Not Place) it will glow red telling you, you can't put it there, then scroll the mouse wheel (or use the arrow keys to rotate the mat) *note many times it does not spin, but if you then move the mat, it will bring the pot with you. You can then place the pot on the grown and pick up the pot and the mat.

      This will leave the seed floating in mid air. You can still take care of it like normal. A word of caution, you may wish to decorate after the plant is in second spring, many furniture items make it difficult to take care of the plant's needs.

      I need to record a video sometime and illustrate this one. I don't think there is a video out there. It is difficult to explain. I will try to have a video link posted here for you no later than Tuesday.

      Delete
  6. Okay- I love this house SO much. This is honestly the best decorating I've ever seen. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had went and checked out your house when you mentioned on twitter that you had put it on tours. I love it! You did such a wonderful job decorating it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know how much my son and I loved your two videos about removing the pot from a plant and raising items to a specific height. Nora Nightthief's wyrd house uses the first idea and is still in progress and her Winter Wind Tower used scafolding to lower boats into the water for a boat race and get an energetic crew including bobble heads, mannequins, cat practice targets, and skinny tiki totems. The Winter Wind Tower is up for tour but I'd love you to have you visit our Wyrd House which my son and I designed together. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade