Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pirate101 Guest Poster -Noble Felix Yellowfish



Ahoy there!
Me name's Felix,and some of you may recognize me.I am a Witchdoctor,of many trades,and I wish to talk about one of my favorite aspects of the Pirate101 game.I am gonna talk about puppet shows Now,for those who may not be aware,I can explain.

When the writers,Blind Mew and his crew,find a spot in the story requiring some backstory,or general exposure,they do something rather unique.First,they find an NPC,who in this case is known as the narrator,after which,Blind Mew writes the script.Then all the jokes and funny bits are buffed up,enhanced etc.The artist and animator in charge of puppet shows is Donkey Hotay. And once all of this is done he makes a background and the actual puppet show itself.

The reason I love the puppet shows so much is heavily tied to my obsession with the storyline. And everyone enjoys laughter,obviously.Typically,there's supposed to be one puppet show per book(there are exceptions,of course.Remember when Don Raphael shows you all those pictures of Mustang Sally?).They aren't all that long,and they all tell a unique tale.They are stored and can be rewatched as many times as needed.The common references and recurring characters,like the aliens and of course,Cthulu(who i kinda an alien?) add more spice to it all.Then there's the amazing nature of th animations itself,the curtains,the strings.The theatrical beauty of it all is beguiling.



Finally,I will leave you with questions,to my fellow denizen of the Spiral: Do you guys like the puppet shows?Which one is your favorite? Do you find it weird Cthulu is in a suit?



1 comment:

  1. Chrissy The BlesserJuly 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM

    Great Post Felix. :D So THIS is what you meant in your cryptic hints. Well done! I think the suit is a wonderful nod to Men in Black so it looks great to me. I love the puppet shows and I think my favorites are El Toro's for the wonderfully romantic back story and the one in Bestia for the hysterical pokes at Wizard 101. Really fun post. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade