Saturday, August 14, 2010

Halloween Decorating Wiz101 Style

Greetings Wizards,


Halloween in August, yes that is right its time to get decorating those houses! Halloween is right around the corner. So its time to start thinking about those Halloween houses, spooky, creepy, crawly, or plain out of the world. These are not that hard to make just grab the idea and get started. Here are some things to things to ask yourself.

*What am I using this house for tours, party, just to scare your friends, or just for fun?
*How much can i spend?
*What items should i use?
*What effects do I need such as fog floating and the wow factor?

After you have answered these questions it is time to go shopping, YAY. Well of course anything spooky is always a plus. Also look for things for that hey I wonder if I could actually make something with that, and lets not forget our pets! Oh and yes lets make it fun for your friends and young wizards, ask them if they want to play a part in your house for tours, parties, and fun.

Now we all know I have just the house to show you all the neat little secrets on how to make these things happen. Lets start with the fun parts getting friends ask them and most of them would be happy to play a part in your Halloween house. I got my Nephew to dress up like the headless horseman for this picture enjoy.












Ok lets talk about thinking outside the box, come on you can do it, make something no one else will think of. Like this pool I created, picture below but let me talk about how I did this, we all know you cannot get in this pool but I wanted to. So I played with rugs and ended up having to go all the the lower edge of the island to come up under the pool with rugs, this is done by using the small rug and large rug technique bridge posted in a earlier segment. You will need to leave the rugs inside the pool to allow you and friends to stand in then pool. I also have a pet frog hopping around inside it.






This picture shows where I had to come up under the pool








Lets walk inside the as I cannot give everything away ;). Some things must be secret for my Halloween tours. The Grand entry for house needs to have what I call the wow factor. This is that part where you hope the visitors come in and say WOW, or something similar to that. Ok well I am going to show you this entry I created
as you see I have candles all the way up the stairs. You can do this with the creates, rugs and tic-tac-toe board floating technique, I found out 4 stacked up will get you to the top of the stairs. See picture below.








Now for the surprise areas of your house. You should have at least one area if not 2 always have something a bit surprising, or uncommon. Lets say mazes these are always fun but make sure they are not that easy to get around, everyone needs to get stuck and wonder now where ;). Have things to pop out at them pets are always fun, add fog and so many other effects can be done. You can also make you unique rooms something out of the ordinary. Ill show you 2 pictures of such rooms below but as stated before I wont go into much details about them ;).













Hope you enjoyed this Halloween decorating post , Now its time to get ready because Halloween is just around the corner , next Players showcases I have some really fun stuff next week. ;)
until next time, happy house decorating.

Your friend,
Paige MoonShade

4 comments:

  1. Hey Paige, I'm Benjamin Fairydust aka The Spirit Keeper from The Spirit Keep @ http://spiritkeep.blogspot.com/. I love what you did with that Death House, especially the pool. I have a Myth House, I would like you to showcase. I think I did a pretty good job, and captured that WOW factor you were talking about. I'd love to show you around it sometime. If you're interested, stop by the Spirit Keep and send me an email or look me up on Central. My username is Ordejega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben Just send me a message via central, I would love to showcase your house

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade