Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dorm Decorating 101

Greetings Wizards,
Today I think I'll talk about dorm rooms, yes those little rooms can be made something very special. It is a little space for 50 items and 50 pets and can be made into anything you want. I have some that are themed and some that are mainly for crafting, I even have some that are a simple nice little room to sit in while I am away from the keyboard( afk).


First lets talk simple dorm rooms, you already get a bed , end table, stool desk and a couple of vases, by simply questing a new wizard you can get many other items as banners , books and much more, I was even able to pick up a few free items along the way. I still got a nice little room and have spent nothing on it. All this and still not out of Wizard city. Picture below






Next step to take this simple room to something a bit more would be to add wall paper and floor tiles. Wizard city furniture shop has some nice looking ones , 3 pages of them!. No need to ever go out of Wizard City yet. For less than 300 gold I got some really nice flooring and paper, I got some wizardly wall paper and wooden floor tiles. Now look at our dorm room. Picture below.





Now I am not one to stay simple , so let me show you a themed dorm. This dorm is based on a water theme ,yet is still a functional dorm, in meaning functional as in school dorm room. I have a bed , which is the boat, it also allows for reading and studies. Picture below.



















Now lets talk about detail for themes. In every theme Like this one in the pictures below you need to pay attention to the smallest details. This is my Marleybone Jail, details are very important, along with function, ask yourself does this look like what it should ? Does it function like it would like this place would? As you see details from a cat thug, milk bottle, police desk and much more. Details mean so much when creating a themed image, if the details are not there no one else will see your theme but you. Until next time, happy house decorating.


Your friend,
Paige MoonShade





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Paige this really showed me dorms in a different way. I thought dorms were useless but now I see how awesome they can be. I was wondering if we could meet in game sometime I really want to be your friend and see your houses if so could you pm me on central my name on central is abhiramreddy. Thanks Paige master house decorator

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade