Friday, May 23, 2014

Build-a-Castle ( Basics to building)

Controls

Automatically Select Next Block – After you place a castle block, if you have more of that same kind of block, you immediately start placing another one.

Snap Blocks – Only allow placement of castle blocks in a grid formed by the nearest castle block of the kind you’re placing.

Hide Higher Items – Hides all items above you and makes the ceiling of the level you’re on transparent.

Lock Blocks – Prevents picking up or moving of any castle block in any house.



Blocks and Basics
Many blocks comes with this house; doors, windows, walls floor with and without ceilings and roof pieces. There's even round towers to add to give that big castle feel .  250/250 If you go over the 250 it will start to go into your decorating space count. This is so much fun , if your ever used building blocks your gonna have a blast! I can tell you I can spend hours playing with castle blocks.



Much like decorating your Wizard101 house  you can use the scroll or the arrows to place your blocks, If you have the auto select next block on , your blocks will go down one right after another until your out of that type of block. 

I use this when laying down the floor plan (shown in image above) Now when placing stairs I would leave a cut out as stair need to be lifted up ,by placing a single floor tile for it to sit on. This is so that  it fits next level floor flush. You  can make so many amazing castles. Just take it down and start over.

Walls go up just as easy. Start at one end and place all the way around your floor plan, don't forget to add windows or doors, after all you need to be able to get inside your castle. Walls for the next level sit flush right on top of the one below.

Roof pieces come in slants, corners, flats and peaks , oh and there's even a round one for round towers. I found when I'm ready to build the roof it's best to set the first pieces and stand on it so you can keep building . I had allot of trial and error building ,though I was so happy with the finished product.


20 comments:

  1. wow reminds me of wolfenstein on old Windows 95 pc's

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so complicated but I am loving it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not complicated at all. Once you get use to the main tools it goes really fast.

      Delete
  3. Nice but i dont understand 1 thing that i have to buy 3 giftcard or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to buy 3 if you don't want to Midday estate comes with plenty to create.

      Delete
  4. How limited would you say this bundle is? I mean, I understand they don't want to cause any people to exploit the game, but can we build a pretty big castle with many variations or is this going to be some small SimCity 5 block where we're very limited with few options to build, and a small space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes I have built many types and even villages. The Midday estate comes with 500+ blocks , you have 250 block bonus count and 250 decor count. If you go over the 250 block count it does go into your decor count

      You can even use these blocks in other houses but they don count as decor space.

      Delete
  5. This isn't a build your own castle bundle as advertised. It's a rearrange the castle given bundle. Not liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take down the castle and completely build another one.

      Delete
  6. i would like to see one fully decorated. with the walls and floors done of course. the block thing does nothing for me haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wallpaper and flooring's are not working at this time. to my understanding they will be adding new textures blocks , ect...

      Delete
  7. i would really like to see a fully decorated one..hense i think the floors and walls need to be covered lol. i really do not like the block look. but other wise i like the concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you use castle blocks if you don't have the bundle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. you can now craft them check out the vender in shopping district by the fountain

      Delete
  9. These blocks are way too much fun! I've been collecting a bunch of them from the bazaar. I like seeing how each piece works before buying the recipe; I've only had to craft the no-auction ones so far. Do you know if there are any pieces in the bundles that are different from the crafted/crowns shop items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Tara I believe you can craft all blocks that come with bundles . You can even craft some that don't. The ones that were new to me are the Large wall, 4 walled square, and the peaked & inside roof pieces

      Delete
  10. Morgrim SkullbreakerMay 20, 2015 at 1:44 AM

    Hi. I've only been playing for less than a week (at level 13 currently). I love taking the castle tours. I want to build my own, but I'm afraid to buy bundles or spend crowns on castle building because I'm worried I'm too a low of a level and it won't let me do it. Can you please tell me if I'm able to build a castle now at level 13? And if not, at what level can I start? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you purchase a bundle your able to start building right away. If you want to buy a in-game house from housing venders I believe you need to be level 15. You can buy ones from crowned shop for gold or crowns.

      Delete
    2. Morgrim SkullbreakerMay 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM

      Awesome thanks :) Just hit level 15 today!

      Delete

Please make sure to have your Pirate or Wizard name attached to your question. I will answer these question as soon as possible.

Sorry any players who stays anonymous or unknown will no longer be posted or answered. Your wizard or pirate's name is required.

Thank you.
Paige MoonShade